I made a new 15 degree segmenting jig and I had to try it out. I made several rings with different woods and varying lengths and sizes. I put the rings together and came up with this vase to display my wife's silk flowers. I think it came out fairly well. If you look closely at the center section, it is cherry but the wood had worm holes in it. Once I finished it, it sort of looks like cork.
The diameter is about 6 inches at the base and probably only 2 inches at the neck. The height is close to 7 inches, give or take (didn't do a completed measurement). The wood is a walnut base, cherry center, and poplar top. I finished it with Boiled Linseed Oil.